The 2021 Grey Cup was the show of the week across Canada with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeating the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for the 108th CFL championship.
In an era of declining broadcast numbers, the Canadian football season ender came back strong after two seasons on the sidelines dues to the COVID pandemic.
Imported crime and rescue procedurals on Global and CTV also dominated Total, Live+7 rating results as tabulated by Numeris. Here is th data company’s Top-10 nationally in terms of average-minute-audience, viewers 2+, the week of Dec. 6-12:
- CFL Grey Cup (TSN) Sun 2,889,000
- Blue Bloods (CTV) Fri 1,669,000
- CFL Grey Cup Countdown (TSN) Sun 1,650,000
- Survivor (Global) Wed 1,641,000
- 9-1-1 (Global) Mon 1,582,000
- CSI: Vegas (Global) Wed 1,581,000
- FBI (Global) Tues 1,519,000
- CTV Evening News (CTV) MTWTF 1,464,000
- FBI: International (Global) Tues 1,408,000
- NCIS (Global) Mon 1,378,000
Among french language viewers in Quebec, the daily cop serial District 31 drew an average of 1,785,000 viewers over four nights on SRC. That would place it behind only The Grey Cup for the largest audience of the week across Canada.
Saturday Night Live, hosted Dec. 11 by Billie Eilish, fell to 22nd spot nationally on Global with 1,033,000 viewers. It ranked 13th in Toronto.
No new episodes of either Hudson & Rex or Murdoch Mysteries aired that week, so there were no scripted original Canadian shows in the Canadian Top-30.