It took an extra day due to the holiday Monday, but on Wednesday Numeris released its weekly list of the Top-30 most-watched linear shows in Canada. Not much changed for the week of July 18-24. The Amazing Race Canada, for the third week in a row, is way out in front of the pack. America’s Got Talent, Big Brother episodes and a whole lot of newscasts are all in the mix.
Quickly then, here are the Top -10 in terms of average minute audience, all viewers 2+, as measured over a Live+7 day period:
- The Amazing Race Canada (CTV) Tues 1,768,000
- CTV Evening News (CTV) MTWTF 1,241,000
- America’s Got Talent (Citytv) Tues 1,105,000
- Big Brother (Global) Wed 1,102,000
- Baseball: Blue Jays (Sportsnet National) Fri, Sat, Sun 1,069,000
- Big Brother (Global) Sun 995,000
- Masterchef (CTV) Wed 970,000
- CTV Evening News Weekend (CTV) Sat, Sun 939,000
- CTV National News (MTWTFSS 807,000
- Jeopardy! (indieNET+) MTWTF 785,000
Other showings of note July 18-24: Departure was the top-rated scripted original in 11th place with 670,000 Live+7 viewers on Global. The Major League All-Star Pre-game show on Sportsnet National drew 639,000 for a 13th place finish. The Challenge: USA, a new competition series import, opened way down in 29th spot with 472,000 viewers.
The Great British Baking Show continues to rise for CBC, ranking 19th for the week with 562,000 viewers.