No surprise as the Stanley Cup final round between the champion Colorado Avalanche and the Tampa Bay Lightning topped the weekly list of most-watched shows in Canada the week of June 20-26. The final four games averaged over two million viewers per game on Sportsnet and CBC combined.
Here’s how the Top-10 played out on the Numeris National English Canada chart for that week in Live+7 2+ totals:
- Stanley Cup Final (Sportsnet National) M W F S 1,267,000
- CTV Evening News (CTV) MTWTF 1,193,000
- America’s Got Talent (Citytv) Tues 1,154,000
- CTV Evening News Weekend (CTV) Satg, Sun 871,000
- CTV National News (CTV) MTWTFSS 826,000
- Stanley Cup Finals (CBC) M W F S 799,000
- Stanley Cup Postgame CBC) Sun 771,000
- Masterchef (CTV) Wed 756,000
- Baseball Blue Jays (Sportsnet National) Sat, Sun 686,000
- Jeopardy! (ACCESS indieNET+) MTWTF 665,000
Other broadcast and specialty shows in the Top 30 Nationally that week: Weakest Link (CTV; No. 12); American Ninja Warrior (CTV, 16); Star Trek: Strange New World (CTV Sci-Fi, 19); Alone (History, 23); Thee 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards (Global, 26). Top scripted series: a rerun of FBI: Most Wanted (Global, No. 17).