A quick look at the top TV shows in English Canada the week of May 24 to May 30 according to Numeris. Here’s how the Top-10 looked in Live+7, viewers 2+ average minute audience totals:
- The Good Doctor (CTV) Mon 1,911,000
- 9-1-1 (Global) Mon 1,902,000
- The Masked Singer (CTV) Wed 1,631,000
- 9-1-1: Lone Star (CTV) Mon 1,629,000
- NCIS (Global) Tues 1,535,000
- Grey’s Anatomy (CTV) Thurs 1,532,000
- CTV Evening News (CTV) MTWTF 1,514,000
- FBI (Global) Tues 1,378,000
- Station 19 (CTV) Thurs 1,357,000
- NHL Playoffs Round 1 (CBC) MTWTFS 1,272,000
Some of these, including The Masked Singer, were season finales.
Stanley Cup playoff hockey figured five times in the Numeris Top 30:
Besides the No. 10 finish (above), at No. 12 was the first round action on Sportsnet National, averaging 1,200,000 viewers Monday through Saturday. Sportsnet National’s Hockey Central came in 17th overall with a Saturday night audience of 1,092,000. The same show, carried on CBC, drew 1,072,000 and finished 20th overall the same night. Why doesn’t Numeris just combine these totals to rank hockey No. 1 overall for the week with 2.3 million viewers?
A late overtime game on CBC the Monday of that week drew a total of 762,000 viewers for a 24th place finish.