Add the total audience watching two Stanley Cup final round games on Sportsnet National and on CBC; average them out and you get a little over 1.7 million hockey fans — the biggest Live+7 total 2+ audience in Canada the week of June 13-19 according to Numeris.
Jeopardy! continues to draw, ranking eighth and 13th overall the same week. Here’s a look at the ten most-watched shows June 13 to 19 in English Canada:
- CTV Evening News (CTV) MTWTF 1,185,000
- Stanley Cup Final (Sportsnet National) Wed, Sat 1,029,000
- America’s Got Talent (Citytv) Tues 1,028,000
- CTV Evening News Weekend (CTV) Sat, Sun 896,000
- CTV National News (CTV) MTWTFSS 882,000
- The Weakest Link (CTV) Mon 721,000
- Stanley Cup Finals (CBC) Wed, Sat 704,000
- Jeopardy! (IndieNET+) MTWTF 676,000
- Masterchef (CTV) Wed 675,000
- Masterchef Junior (CTV) Thurs 673,000
For the second week in a row, with all their hour-long US imports in hibernation, Global was blanked in the Top-10. There were eight newscasts in the Canadian Top-30 along with three news magazines (60 Minutes at No. 20; Nightline at 25 and W5 at 26.
Counting three Stanley Cup rankings in the Top-30, including Sportsnet Ontario’s two-game take in 29th place with an average of 459,000 viewers, there were six sports listings, including a combined average audience for five Toronto Blue Jays games (638,000, ranking 14th overall for the week); the F1 Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal (which took 22nd spot with 526,000 TSN viewers) and a combined average of three nights of CFL action on Thurs, Fri and Sat (in at No. 23 with 486,000 TSN viewers).
Tops in Specialty other than sports: Alone on History (in 15th with 615,000 viewers) and Star Trek Strange New Worlds (CTV Sci-Fi in 17th place with 578,000 viewers.